THE DOS/DONTS - GROOM PREPERATION
Your big day has arrived, everyone and I mean everyone forgets that the groom is under pressure as well! so dont stress amigo - read these following steps to better prepare yourself for the day to come
Over 3 years experience in the wedding scene so far, some may say "thats not enough Aleks, ive been doing it for 5 years" well Greg, good on you - So dont listen to Greg, and just read on
Grooms, fear no more as I have your back - photographers and videographers start the day with you, as nervous as you must be; remember we at times are nervous as well - we start our day with you so lets team up and enjoy the morning/afternoon or whatever and whenever this is happening. Here are some things to DO and please, a lot of things NOT TO DO!!!!
- Always have music in the background, itll clam your nerves and of course allow you to forget that Im even there - the sound will basically cancel out any shutter sound my camera makes (well not entirley but enough to keep you feeling less focused on myself)
- Enjoy the time with the groomsmen, or if alone the time to breath.
- TAKE YOUR TIME! seriously there is no rush
- TALK! i enjoy a good conversation as most of us would - nothing worse then a little akward silence - ive got many Dad jokes thatll break those minutes down!
- Make sure the room you want to get ready in is CLEAN!
- Introduce me to your groomsmen, describe who is who as I wont know if Phillip is your brother....
- Introduce me to your BEST MAN!
- Allow your groomsmen to help out, dont do everything alone - they are there for you
- If you are a SOLO groom, im here to help :)
- PLEASE DO NOT GET READY BEFORE I ARRIVE - what will i take photos of?
- Avoid drinking/eating too much while getting ready, youd like to make sure your clothes are clean for the rest of the day right
- AVOID wearing anything large/bold in the morning or even an item of clothing that you know your wife dislikes...simple clothing is best (yep, i once had the request to "photoshop" a large male figure of a tee shirt as a request from the bride...haha)
- Shaving moments before I arrive, try and get that done a little earlier on if possible - why? well as most of us who dont shave we dont really remember the feeling, but if you do shave then im sure youre aware that SKIN likes to go RED/PINK or even a slight chance of RASH post shave - just do it the day before!
- CLEAN ROOMS ARE GOOD ROOMS! front room, back room or even the bedroom just make sure there is enough space to take photos for eg if youre using MUM/DADS room - try hiding all of their stuff or even changing the bed sheets. I had a groom do his photos in his parents room alongside their DEER bed sheets..
OTHER TIPS TO MAKE YOUR DAY EASIER
- If booking a hotel/airbnb try choosing a place with clean walls, windows and space
- If youd like to do some activites in the morning e.g. morning run, golf or go for a kick! let me know before hand - I always encourage my clients to have fun! remember the day goes super fast